Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week 5 Activity 11

I joined the Teacher Librarian Ning. I had never heard of Ning before. I liked the middle school librarian group and think I will go there often. I actually haven't finished my profile yet or posted the blog, but I will. I think it might turn out to be one of the most useful tools I have discovered in this course.

The other tool I enjoyed was called Eventful. It posts all sorts of events at any location you type in. I wish I could search by county rather than city, as I live in a small town and our whole county is made of up rather small towns, so when I'm looking for a play or festival, I might have to search quite a few places. The local newspaper usually is sufficient for me, but I will see if this tool proves useful.

2 comments:

Gexy said...

Hi Library Blog, I'm about to try the Ning site myself.

You are really devoted to your job - working all night long like you do :)

Library Lady said...

I do love my job, but am currently confined to my recliner so my laptop is my new best friend! I'm glad to have the course to work on so I'm not just playing games.