Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 3 Activity 6

There are some very creative things people are doing with photos using the Mashups and 3rd Party Sites. The trading cards and magazine covers are excellent ideas that could be used in learning activities for students, if the sites were accessible to our students. I might be able to direct students to them, so they could use them at home for projects, but our county blocks these sites from school use throughout the entire county.

I am currently at a middle school, but plan to move to the high school soon, when the librarian there retires. I imagine high school "techy" students probably already know these sites and will be sure to ask to see some of their projects.

This week's work with photos has inspired me to discuss the whole WEB2 class with our computer lab teacher. She loves art and does some very creative things with her middle school students. I wonder how much she knows about Flickr, Picassa, etc.

Two years ago at CSLA I learned about Shutterfly and have created a few albums there. I do not like having my photos in two different websites, though, and might try to gather what is on Shutterfly and put them all in Picassa. Do I need to store them on my hard drive as well? Will I someday lose all my photos?

No comments: