Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week 9 Activity 21 Podcasts

Podcasts were my least favorite of the online tools I have learned this summer. I see many uses for the video podcasts used at tutorials, but I did not find any of those in the directories I explored.

I chose to search travel podcasts and was disappointed to only listen to information about places I might want to visit. The Yahoo directory did not offer travel as a category. Perhaps they agree with me that if you want to explore places, you might do better with a video.

I do see educational uses for podcasts and there are a few student podcast projects going on in my school. I hope to learn to create podcasts like those presented in Library 2.0 where there is a PowerPoint presentation, narrated, and posted online for others to view.

No comments: